Whether you are an owner of a business site or a personal blog or website in any field, the page loading time is crucial for your success. The longer the load time, there is more chance that the visitors may get discouraged and move away from your site which could hurt your business or your blog. That’s why optimization in various aspects is important. Here are some tips by which you can increase website speed across various devices.
Measuring and Minimizing the Response Time of the Server
The browser sends a request to the server and the server sends the data to the browser via a response. The longer the response time, the slower the page loading will be. That’s why you must measure the response time of your server and take appropriate steps in order to minimize it. For example –
* You should optimize the web server software (Apache or Nginx or any other) so that the response time is decreased.
* Optimizing the database in the database server will enable the server to fetch the data quicker and hence response time will also be instant.
* Ensure that CPU and RAM are adequate to the incoming traffic.
Minimize the HTTP Requests
Minify and Combine the Resource Files
There are various elements which together constructs the page as we see it in our browser. For example –
* The HTML parts.
* CSS for styling the page.
While these are the essential part of the site and the browser has to download all of them in order to function the page properly, the bigger these files are, the slower will be the page loading time. That’s why you should minify these files so that the browser doesn’t need to download bigger files which will increase the website speed in desktop as well as in other devices.
If possible, use asynchronous loading
* Synchronous loading is when the resources are loaded one at a time.
* Asynchronous loading is when the resources don’t follow a pattern and multiple files can be loaded at the same time.
Asynchronous loading can drastically decrease the page load time speed since, in this case, the browser won’t wait for a file to finish loading rather it has now the ability to download other files too at the same time.
If you want to hire a freelancer in order to optimize the page loading time, then you can look at Flitlance where you can find many web developers with expertise in this field who will help you in making your site quicker and efficient.